We are seeking a versatile and experienced professional to fill a role as Project Quality Manager in the field of commercial construction. The ideal candidate should have 3-5 years of relevant experience and possess a strong background in both project management and quality assurance. This role requires the ability to seamlessly integrate project management responsibilities with a focus on maintaining high-quality standards throughout the construction process. As a PQM, you will be involved in coordinating and managing all aspects of the project, ensuring RENU’s quality standards are met.
Project Quality Manager
Project Management · Copiague, NY
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Project Management:
- Set up and maintain projects through a cloud-based project management system.
- Review Bid specs/ project drawing set, looking for potential issues before the job starts.
- Conducting administrative duties, such as printing drawing sets, setting up meetings, drafting RFI’s, submittals, change orders and drawing change request estimates, obtaining, and compiling project closeouts.
- Ability to develop contingency plans along with the project manager in the event an item on the critical path is delayed.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager to develop project plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Assist in coordinating resources, subcontractors, and suppliers to ensure project timelines are met, below budget, and to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Participate in project meetings as requested and provide regular updates on project progress.
- Proactively monitor the progress of projects through updated schedules and weekly budget reviews.
- Budget Management:
- Support the Project Manager in budget development and monitoring
- Track project expenses, analyze variances, and propose corrective actions as needed.
- Document Management and Documentation Reporting:
- Organize and maintain project documentation, including contracts, drawings, permits, and other relevant records.
- Ensure all project-related documents are accurate, up-to-date, and easily accessible.
- Maintain detailed records of non-conformances, and corrective actions.
- Generate regular reports on project quality and financial performance for internal stakeholders.
- Collaboration and Communication:
- Collaborate closely with project managers, engineers, subcontractors, and other stakeholders to address quality concerns and implement corrective actions.
- Heavy collaboration with Pre- Construction Division to establish quality objectives, standards, and criteria for projects while maintaining and organizing project documents.
- Communicate effectively to ensure understanding and compliance with quality standards across all project teams.
- Provide regular project updates and reports to management and clients.
- Collaborative Quality Planning:
- Work closely with project manager/ teams, subcontractors, and suppliers to ensure alignment with quality objectives.
- Participate in project planning meetings to provide input on quality and project management requirements.
- Problem Solving:
- Address and resolve issues that arise during the construction process promptly and efficiently.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager to find innovative solutions to challenges.
- Problem-solving mindset with a proactive approach to quality management.
- Leadership capabilities to drive adherence to quality standards among project teams.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Familiarity with relevant construction divisions and standards.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of construction processes, methods, and materials.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Decision making skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills both internally and externally.
- Respect for details and the ability to anticipate/ execute with independence.
- 3-5 years of combined experience in project management and quality management within the commercial construction industry.
- Proficiency in using project management/ quality management software and tools such as Procore, SE, Timberline/ Sage, Microsoft Office/ Project